Sunday, March 15, 2009

5K racing!


These are some of the greatest friends EVER!! We have been training after school daily for this race, so they came down to my area to do the 5K with me. It was a COLD day, but a great to race because we weren't hot. My friend Mary Kay is on the left and Amy is on the right.


It was a small race, about 300 people.


About 1/2 way through the race, Carter comes running up to us! It was really fun to have him there. It was his b-day (as well as Mary Kay's). He walked with us the rest of the way. He kept up with us and was happy to be there. He wants to do the next one with us.


Here is us at the finish line. There were 2 girls in front of us that we wanted to pass. I think they heard us because everytime we sped up to pass, they sped up. We were never able to pass them, but we ran into the finish line. Mike got our time. It was 3.26 miles in 45 minutes. Great baseline! We have another 5K coming up in April. We had sooooo much fun.
Here is us getting our ticket that says what place we came in and how fast we did the race.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Great job on the race!!!
Seeing those pictures made me REALLY want to run a race! Looks like you guys had fun.

Amy said...

Way to go Deanna! You are awesome! Someday maybe I'll try running. You have inspired me.

cheri said...

You look great!! Let's see if you can't motivate your brothers to get back into triathlons!

Jackee said...

It looks like it was lots of fun, too bad i missed it! Maybe next year...

Annette said...

You R-O-C-K! I am so proud of you...

Beesley Family said...

Way to go!!! When's your next 5K?? I'm trying to gear up and decide if I'm going to do the Freedom Run again. Nice work!!

Jen said...

Way to go my friend! You are awsome!!!

MarshandKrissy said...

Atta girl sis...gotta admit that weather looks way too cold to go for a 5k in!

Lana said...

That is so cool! I am impressed! What a fun thing to do!
Oh, and your little B-Ball player, and Cheerleader are so cute! Cutest kids!

Lana said...

Deanna- my blog is private now. Can you email me your email address so that I can invite you to view the blog? lanadansie@gmail.com