Sunday, January 25, 2009

Baby Steps...'Til I'm full grown


My friend Kathy has inspired me for one of my New Year's goals. Instead of setting a goal to lose weight, I am setting a fitness goal. I am going to do a 5K every other month, starting in March. In September I am going to do a 10K. My goal is to walk the first 2 (March and May) and run the July, Sept and the November. I looked up on the internet how to train for a 5K, so I am one week into my training, so far so good. I guess this is my "before" picture (nice, huh!).

This was the first injury of the training season. I was downstairs on the treadmill and Sammy was talking to me. I was distracted and fell, while the treadmill was still going. Ouch!! Sam and Carter were so cute because they were really worried. I survived, then they had to jump on the treadmill so they could train!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh yay!!! I love your running goal! Want to join the Andersen Family Running Club? Well, there isn't really one, but there is quite the group of runners in the family now. We've GOT to all get together and do a race together!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Annette said...

Oh How I wished we lived closer to each other. I am so going to do this. What a great Idea. I just have to find a 5 k some where.

Jackee said...

What a great idea! Maybe I'll do it with you. I have been working out on the treadmill daily, so I'm sure I could at least walk with you in March and May. It would be fun! I don't set a weight goal either because it just sets me up for disappointment. Instead I say as long as I'm losing and not gaining I'm doing good, even if it's a slow loss.

Beesley Family said...

I've thought a lot about Kathy and her goal...now yours!!! O.K. you've just inspired me to get movn'!! Good luck---! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with bad luck on the treadmill! I had a yogaball catch the end while it was spinning and shot me completely forward--ya it was quite the sight to see!!

Topher said...

Good for you! Funny reading Emily's comment, because as I was reading your post, I thought "Hey, we should totally have a 5 or 10k at the family reunion in July!" What do you think, are you up for it? I think it'd be a blast!
- Chris (Jenny's Chris)